Friday, February 27, 2009

Parliament, the Globe and a Not so Silent Dance Party

I know, I know. I haven't posted in forEVER. I apologize. Especially since this post is only going to partially catch you up to speed.

First, we must go back in time 2 weeks to February 13, when we had another class trip to tour Parliament and the Globe Theatre. There's not a whole lot to tell, so here are the pictures from that. A good portion of them are stolen from other people since my camera ran out of battery half way through the day :(




Then, there was a "silent dance" in Trafalger Square that was super fun. The basic concept was that everyone comes with their iPods or MP3s and dances to their own music at the same time. It was supposed to be silent, but everyone was screaming, but it was still pretty cool to have thousands (yes, thousands showed up) of people jamming to their own beat at the same time. My playlist for the event included:

It's Tricky - Run DMC
What I Like About You - The Romantics
You Shook Me All Night Long - AC/DC
Footloose - Ken Loggins
Everytime We Touch - Cascada
Closer To Free - The Bodeans
Mickey - B*Witched
That Thing You Do - The Wonders
I Touch Myself - The Divynls
Pump It - Black Eyed Peas

We got up onto the base of a monument in the square for the dance which was pretty cool. We had a good view of everyone, but it was really crowded too which made it hard to really dance, not that that stopped us. Some people were even trying to jump off and crowd surf, but the crowd wasn't catching any of them :-/




After that we went out to dinner and then to the pub. Not much else to tell, although we did get back to Surbiton too late and the buses weren't running. Fortunately, our friend Matt was nice enough to walk Bri and I home at 12:30am.


Okay, that's it for now. I'll be writing again soon about our Scotland trip last weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment