Saturday, March 28, 2009

Saturday in London

Planning Spring Break has been seriously stressful, and to add onto it, I had to go into the city today to book the trains because I was unable to do it online or over the phone (long story). To top it off, they were doing major rail construction today and the over and underground trains were out of service in some places and it took me three times as long to get into the city as it should have.

After all that, plus the 7.50 gbp that I had to pay to go into the city, I decided to enjoy myself after the booking was done. Can you guess where I went?

Why to visit my favorite building, of course! I walked the Thames near the Houses of Parliament, which is so amazing on a Saturday because there are so many street performers and such. Well, I attempted to get the experience on video, but as you probably know, nothing truly amazing can ever be captured on film... or in my case an SD card.



I also spent some time in a bookstore (yes, mom, I took your advice) and bought a hot dog from a vendor for lunch.

And recreated one of my favorite London moments that didn't get properly captured before. My first time into the city, if you'll recall was to meet Casey and she said that she was taking me for a surprise. We took the tube to the Westminister station and there is one exit where you walk up steps and out onto the street right at the base of Big Ben.




And now I'm home and back to the planning of our Spring Break adventures. I have one more hostel to book and then I'll send out an e-mail with the specifics.

No comments:

Post a Comment