Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Jane Austen, the National Theatre and Oxford

Okay, I've really been failing at keeping this updated and since I've missed so much, I'm just going to give you all a quick post to get it at least partially up to speed.

3 weeks ago a few friends and I went to see Jane Austen's house. It was amazing and we all totally geeked out when we saw her writing desk. The area was also very beautiful and we might go back when the weather's warmer. Before we went into the house we stopped at a cute little tea room across the street for lunch. Here are the pics:





The weekend before last we had two trips with British Life and Culture. First, on Thursday night, we went to see Pitmen Painters at the National Theatre, which I really enjoyed. It was about these men who worked in the mines that started an art group and it was based on a true story.

That Saturday, we went to Oxford. It was really pretty, but I'll admit it wasn't my favorite trip. Here's the pictures from that:




I just got back from Amsterdam late Monday night, but I'll save that for my next post. Hopefully, it won't be as long between posts from now on.

Love and kisses,
Kendyl

No comments:

Post a Comment