Wednesday, January 28, 2009

First Full Day!

And it was pretty awesome.

I met Casey and her friends in the city at Harrod's. We didn't stay long though. Then on to Camden park, where the shopping is insane. Here are some pics:






So, then Case's friends decide to go back to the hotel and she says that she has a surprise for me. As we come up the steps from the underground, slowly what should come into view but...





And we tried to get a pic of us in front of it, but we failed...



And then, you look in the opposite direction and....




Oh and did I mention...?



haha, yeah, I really liked my surprise. Now I know I'm in London!

Anyway, then we walked along the Thames...





And, yes, I couldn't stop taking pictures of Big Ben/the House of Parliament.

Anyway, then we kinda got lost looking for the Waterloo Underground station, but we found it eventually. I maintain that that area just likes to make you walk in circles... and Case took me out for a post-birthday dinner to a pub near her hotel, which was really great. My first British meal! I had a Aberdeen Angus cottage pie and it was delicious :)

Case and her group had tickets to see We Will Rock You so I hung out in their hotel until they had to leave and then headed back. All in all, a pretty awesome day, I think!

4 comments:

  1. I just stumbled on your blog and I Loooove London and anything British! Lucky me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kendyl - only two days there and already an awsome experience-and to see Big Ben...Wow. Have fun Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me want to fly out tomorrow - luv Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with your dad...i'm very jealous!
    (keep posting pictures! it makes you seem not so far away)
    -Margaret :)

    ReplyDelete